Change is not easy, but it is simple. Things will always change. We don’t have a choice about that, but we do have a choice on how we react to change; and, as a leader, whether or not we choose to create change. The choice really boils down to this… either we manage change or it will manage us. With these 6 tips, you can start inspiring your team through any organizational change.
- Walk away from outdated beliefs and practices. How? Forget for Success. Remove flawed data from your memory banks and free up space for more of the "right stuff".
- What are you good at? Focus on Your Strengths and make them all they can be.
- Inertia can stop you in your tracks if you don't act quickly. Lead with Speed and never underestimate the significance of early victories.
- Accept personal responsibility for your behavior and results. Once you do that, you can Inspire Personal Accountability in each individual in your company.
- Change takes courage, and big change cannot happen unless you Take Calculated Risks.
- There are many challenges along the way to change because changes takes time to take root. But if you plant the right seeds and Respect the Growing Process, you will see great things happen!
From Mac Anderson and Tom Feltenstein